AWANA at both Campuses is divided up into four age groups: Puggles (two-year-olds), Cubbies (three-year-olds – Pre-K), Sparks (K – second grade) and T&T (third-fifth grade). For a child to placed in a class or group, that child must be the required age by August 15. Cubbies may also include older five- and six-year-olds, if the parents chose not to enroll their child in Kindergarten at age five.
Puggles (two- to three-year-olds)
Puggles recognizes the learning ability of two- and early three-year-olds by introducing biblical precepts at church and equipping parents to teach them at home. Toddlers love having their very own AWANA club just like their older siblings.
Cubbies celebrates the spiritual potential of preschoolers (three- to five-year-olds, and those choosing not to start Kindergarten until age six) by helping them develop respect for God, His Son, and His Word.
The AWANA club for preschoolers is built on two premises: (1) young children can and should receive spiritual training and (2) the home is the primary place for spiritual training. Our preschool program meets these needs through . . . FUN—and lots of it! Games, puppets, crafts, awards, and other activities transform our preschool program into a lively weekly experience where fun and learning go hand-in-hand.
Sparks (K – second grade)
Sparks ignites the curiosity of early elementary-age kids to learn about the people and events of the Bible, building a foundation of wisdom for knowing Christ.
The Sparks curriculum takes kids a step deeper into God’s Word while giving boys and girls regular opportunities to hear the gospel and come to faith in Jesus Christ. After being immersed in solid foundational teaching at the preschool level, boys and girls frequently come to an understanding of their need to trust Christ as their personal Savior while in Sparks.
The Sparks program is firmly grounded in Scripture. The three handbooks feature:
- Basic truths about God, Jesus, salvation, and the Bible
- A clear and consistent presentation of the gospel message
- An increased emphasis on Scripture memory
T&T (third – fifth grade)
Truth & Training (T&T) engages third- through fifth-graders by answering their questions about God and the Bible—guiding them through this pivotal life stage to grow in Christ’s grace.
Our goal is that many of today’s young people will become tomorrow’s church leaders. T&T is the program that trains the leaders of tomorrow—today.
T&T is equipped with a variety of dynamic tools to accomplish this goal:
- Three handbooks of increasing difficulty that teach children that life’s ultimate adventure is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- A cast of fun characters that boys and girls learn from and follow on interesting journeys in the handbooks
- Weekly meetings that expose children to the gospel message, Scripture memory, Bible study, awards, team-oriented games, and gut-busting fun.
- A Bible-centered curriculum that helps kids build a firm foundation for their faith, hide God’s Word in their hearts, and apply the truths of Scripture to their daily lives
Evangelism and discipleship go hand in hand in our third- through fifth-grade program. By the time a child has completed T&T, he will have:
- Learned and reviewed approximately 310 verses
- Studied dozens of passages from the Bible
- Regularly heard and read the gospel message
- Discovered the Bible’s response to questions like, “How does God want me to live my life?” and memorized verses to back up these answers